Happy New Year!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas however you had it in this time of covid. I spent mine with my daughter and her boyfriend. We ate breakfast burritos, buffalo chicken dip, chocolate, and cookies! It was perfect! Then my 1 brother from Phoenix drove up to join us.

Here we are in a new year full of Hope. I am hoping that we can get a handle on covid, get the election quandary figured out but mostly get back to living again without masks and hand sanitizer. My family are doing well and staying healthy.

This post is going to be about my usual yearly update, the winner of the nice leftovers from my giveaway, and plans for this year. Let's go!

The winner of the new year's eve giveaway is Jackie! Congrats Jackie! See below what I'll be sending you. I'm pretty sure you are a high count fabric stitcher. You are in a few FB groups that I'm in. 

A BBD project bag that I've had for a long time, bagged up and was never used. A cute squirrel needle minder, and a Becky Noland thread keep. Email me at azcampis@yahoo.com and leave your address. Thanks for being a follower. Once I get Carol's winnings together and sent, I will throw some data at you why everything in the giveaway is/was a favorite plus ways to check out their wares. Carol, I'm waiting for a shipment of stuff. It should be here by next Thursday or Friday. Got my fingers crossed!

So I stitched on Christmas Garden the entire month of December. Here's how it looked end of November..
and where I'm at now..
I just about got that whole middle section stitched in. Compared to previous Decembers when I stitched on this, this is the most progress. I am putting it away for January because it's my 2nd annual Bday SAL! Which started last night. My bday is on the 29th so I have gathered 29 new starts. Every day up to the 29th will be a new start. If you'd like to join me, you're more than welcome. Here's what I started at midnight and stitched to almost 3 am, yikes! This is Boo..
This is Boo from the JCS Halloween 2014 issue. It was to be stitched on perforated paper but I'm using 32ct gingerbread lugana. The color makes it so that I don't have to stitch in the orange background. It's going fast and I'll get back to this later today. All my bday projects are a mix of holiday and everyday with big and little and a few freebies. I won't post everyday but will every couple days.

I'm a member of Goodreads and I join a reading challenge every year. You pick how many books you want to read. In previous years, I get to stressing on the number I picked. If I picked 12 for the year, when it was getting close to the end of the year and nowhere near my number, I would freak out. I love reading as much as stitching! So I now keep the number low now. For 2020 I picked 6 books but read 15! I haven't bought any new reading for this year yet but when I do I'll have a picture up here on a post.

I also finished just 10 projects for 2020! Very low for me. I blame that on working 6 days a week February to May and losing my stitching bug for that time. As you can see, I'm right back at my usual, albeit monogamous stitching!

So that is my year-ending update. Onto year 11 for this blog. I have really got to get back to reading blogs again. I miss them.

Happy New Year everyone! Stitch a lot and please stay healthy. That is my wish for you. Thanks for hanging with me throughout 2020. One wish for myself is to purchase a new iPad and figure out a way to get back to my original blog! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Christmas Garden is looking good. Enjoy the 29 new starts you have on deck for your birthday SAL. Wishing you a bright and blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Garden is looking so lovely! Enjoy your birthday starts - I would get too easily sidetracked and stop long before the 29th one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maynia update, parade

New blog!

Almost Halloween!