Bday SAL!

Hi all! Hope the new year is going well, well, under the circumstances anyway! Myself, I'd like to fast forward to 2022.

Lots of pics today so let's get going!

I showed my 1st SAL start last post. It was Boo. The next projects are in no order. The 2nd project might've been...

This is Believe in Christmas, from the JCS Ornament preview mag 2015. I'm using the called for floss on mystery linen.

Next up is..
A collaboration with Diane Williams and Theresa Venette. I have cats so it was a no brainer. Copyright 2014! Been in my stash this whole time. Charted both DMC and GAST, I have just two GAST and the rest is DMC. My momma cat had 7 kittens so I'll be personalizing all the cats on the pattern.

Next..
This is Yule from the 2016 Christmas Winter issue, PNPS magazine. Another longtime stash resident. Called for floss on mystery linen. I have just the Y stitched.

Next is..
A super nice pattern, nice and small. I still need two more overdyed floss for this but I may use DMC if I can get them to match. On 36ct Tobias by Seraphim I believe, a luscious fabric.

On deck is..
Vanilla and Chocolate by LHN, on Cocoa linen and called for floss. Another resident of the stash pile. It'll be tall and skinny!

One more..
Season of Mitts and Mellow Fruitfulness by Goodflora Stitchwort. She has an Etsy shop under her name, words together. On yet another mystery linen! Using all DMCs. It's cute.

That is it for the SAL. I took last night off and finished that one mitt in the pic immediately above. I'm having fun stitching these denizens of the dark and creepy pile known as stash. And using up small pieces of linen. I have 20 more days to go!

I was going to out pics up of Carol's winnings of my anniversary giveaway but I'll do that after she has received the package. I'm off to email her for her shipping address.

That's it! I hope to be back mid-week with the next 4 or 5 starts to show. So I hope you'll come along. After this SAL, I'm thinking of a WIP parade! That'll be fun because after the 29th I'm going to hit the WIP pile pretty hard.

Take care! Stay healthy and safe!

Comments

  1. Your birthday starts are looking good. Not familiar with the Season of MItts… designer so will check them out later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new year choices!
    Can't wait to see your WIP parade.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks good... quite an ambitious start to 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely starts to your B'day SAL. but Oh no... I've just looked at the Goodflorastitchwort ETSY shop. Now I have to win the lottery (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely New Year post! I seem to be having a few problems contacting you via email. You've become a "no reply" person since starting this blog and the dakotagal icloud email doesn't seem to be working?
    If you reply to this comment, or email me direct hopefully we can re-connect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo. The dakotagal51 email works, it's just I don't have WiFi so I use my cellphones wifi hotspot to power the ability to check those emails and end up using up all the data for the month on my cellphone! Pardon my French but it's a shit show! When I can get to those emails, they're like weeks old by then! I see that I missed a bloghop and then couldn't open the virtual Christmas card from you which by the way I really appreciate! This is my crazy life right now. I will try to check this email out more often.

      Delete
  6. Wow! So many starts for 2021, Shelly! Looks like a fun year ahead--I look forward to watching them grow. I just sent you a long email thank you for your lovely giveaway gift--hope you get it! Everything is lovely and I am thrilled with your generous gifts, Shelly--thank you again! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maynia update, parade

New blog!

Almost Halloween!