Halloween..the day after

Happy November 1st! The year is just sliding by as usual. I was too busy to get on here for Halloween but I also needed the extra day to FFO a few things. So picture heavy, let's go!

Here's my last progress on Town of Halloween..

I started on the fence and stopped a couple weeks ago so I could work on this WIP.. Christmas Promise, a freebie from Heartstring Samplery..

This is turning out to be so pretty. It's on 36ct R&R Alabaster using DMC. Beth didn't stitch a model so it's a mystery as to how it looks stitched up. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Ok, back to Halloween! Here are two finishes from more than 9 years ago, and look, I used to stitch on Aida!
A Notforgotten Farm pattern. I can't remember the name of it but I left off a pumpkin vine at the bottom of the numbers..and
I think the magazine the pattern is found in is The Cross Stitcher but I don't know what issue. It's on Aida too. I love both pillows.

So I FFO'd today and made 2 cubes..
On the left is Goody Trask 1692, found in the JCS Halloween 2013 issue. I'm not crazy about the topping but I'll leave it for now. On the right is Ghost from a JCS issue. I mention the date on the last post or the one before it. It's very cute! Below are pictures of both..

Here's the back fabric for Goody Trask. I lined it up to show the spiders and the vulture. Here's a side view..

Ghost..


See the skull button in front of the bow?

Here's a few more new stash that I acquired..

I can't believe that I didn't buy the 2019 ornament issue, so now I did. I'm thinking of taking one of the ornament issues and stitching every pattern I like in it next year. Stay tuned for that.

That is it! Stitching plans for these last two months will be whatever I want. There's a SAL on FB that sounded good, a new Christmas start every day for two months! Nah, I plan to finish Christmas Promise and then start a few ornaments in November. I am in another exchange and I'm done with my partner's piece. This exchange is just a handmade gift and a card, easy enough. For December I will break out Christmas Garden by BBD and stitch it all month long.

I have questions for my British followers..are packages to the UK from here taking a long time? I know covid has slowed things here. Are packages even allowed from the US during this pandemic? Are packages in quarantine before you receive them? Kay and Jo, let me know or whoever comes from across the pond. I have learned you're all in lockdown.

Take care, and stay healthy everyone! To those of us here in the US, here's a little something..
Luckily, us in Arizona don't do this! Bye!

Comments

  1. Great finishes, well done. You have an ambitious task ahead. I look forward to seeing all the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas stitch by Beth is looking good. Well done on all your finishes! I look forward to seeing what you get accomplished during November. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cubes! I've not made those, but would like to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I used Vonna's cube making tutorial and Diane Williams/LHN's tutorial. It's easy.

      Delete
  4. Your cube finish is excellent, Shelly! I have never tried one, but maybe someday. I seem to be loving the round/oval flat finishes these days for my ornaments. I printed off that Heartstrings freebie when it first came out--not sure why I haven't stitched it yet--maybe next year. This year is going fast in some ways, but when I think about the whole Covid nightmare, it feels like it's been dragging on forever! So hope that 2021 is kinder to us all. Take good care now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wips and even better finishes... even the oldies! I do like a cube finish, so many ways to add embellishments and I love the added skull.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maynia update, parade

New blog!

Almost Halloween!