Almost Halloween!

Hi all! Hope you're all doing well! Thanks for commenting on my inaugural post 2 weeks ago. Since I'm not posting from my iPad, I can now get long-winded here! I thought I would mention what is happening at this new blogger format using my iPad. When I'm at the new post layout, I'm able to write a title and that's it! There's no way to get into the body of the post where I can write and add pics. This is why I'm now having to post to this new blog using my cellphone. I miss my old blog. Also I'm not seeing a way to add a blog roll or even to put a follow button! So just bear with me, this all might be temporary. I'm going to see about getting wifi again and that may help in fixing all of this. 

Let's talk about stitching! After a few more stitching on Crone on the Hill by PSS...    

 

I stitched that portion of the house with the tiny window, I moved onto Halloween! I just finished this last night..

From the JCS September/October 2009 issue. I found that high count linen that I think is Straw, and used my own colors. I was worried that it was going to be tiny but it's a size I can work with. 

Here is what else I planned for Halloween stitching..
From the JCS October '17 issue, the ghost box at the top of the page, and..
From the JCS Halloween '13 special magazine, the little LK there at the bottom, and then what I'm really looking forward to is this..
From JCS '12 Halloween mag, this Primitive Hare piece! I have a 32ct mystery linen that just needs a coffee bath. I want to do the two pieces above first and then dive into Town of Halloween. Fun times ahead!

So I haven't had the ffo bug yet. However, it felt good to sit down to work on the box that I sent to my partner for the exchange, and it is finally cooling down around here so we'll see. Speaking of exchange, I did get my gifts..
Fancey Blackett! I already stitched her before but I would like to do it again. I was also given the DMC for her. See that pinkish linen? It is gorgeous! My first Silkweaver linen. Both colors are 40ct. The blue is a zweigart and it feels wonderful. I see Christmas designs on both.

A couple months ago, I went to my daughter's place to watch Hamilton, you know the play about one of our founding fathers? Wow wow. I'm pretty sure that it would've been even more fantastic seen in NYC at a theater but my daughter's couch did suffice. I loved it! I laughed and cried and had to buy the book...
That's it at the top of the pile. I've already read the bottom two and now a third of the way through the Anne Perry novel. The Hamilton book is huge but I have practice after reading the Outlander books, haha!

For the last month, we've been dealing with the smoke from the California fires. Here's a recent morning in central AZ..
That pink spot in the air is the sun. Yep. I was in my way to work and stopped for gas. The smoke is noticeable at a distance but lately I've been coughing a lot. I can't wait for the fires to be over. I really do feel for the people all the way up the West coast dealing with these fires. 


Alrighty, I think this is it. Kay wanted to know if I will keep using Bloglovin'. I'm going to try to when I get wifi back in the house. My cellphone has a wifi hotspot but it just doesn't create enough of a signal to get things done. I will check into it though.

Thanks ladies and gents, if there are any! It's coming up to the end of the year and my 10th blogging anniversary and it will be a doozy! Think Oprah's favorite things! I better start buying stuff, lol. 

Thanks for following me to this new blog and please take care. I'm not sure covid is done gallavanting around the world and we still have to be on our toes. How tiring!

See you next time

Comments

  1. Hi Shelly,
    Nice stitching on your Halloween. Love your exchange. So sorry you have to deal with the smoke. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween stitches.
    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exchanges are always fun , especially when they include gorgeous fabric because a girl can never have too much fabric. I am particularly enjoying stitching at the moment for a bit of sanity, my son has tested positive for covid 19 , he has it mildly but it is still a worry. It is one thing t know that it is out there in the world and another to know that it is in your own home. I always skip halloween and go straight onto christmas stitching and just yesterday was looking through charts to pick one out to start, quite possibly it will be by Blackbird Designs. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cute finish Shelly. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween pieces all stitched up.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute finish! We have the smoke down here in Phoenix area (Surprise) also. It makes for some beautiful sunsets, but that's about all I can say about it. I'm so disappointed in the Monsoon this year, and I'm ready for temps that are below 100!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your Halloween projects.
    Looks like a nice exchange package you received.
    Hope the smoke isn't too bad where you are.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute Halloween finish, Shelly, and it looks like you have some fun projects picked out and ready to go. What a nice exchange package you got. I have Fancey, but still haven't stitched her--one of these days. Those dancing squirrels are the cutest :)

    My husband read the Hamilton book and really enjoyed it. He was so glad he read it before he went to see it in Indianapolis (for his brother's 60th birthday). I still haven't seen it :( Will definitely need to watch it on Disney+ soon.

    We even had a bit of smokey haze from the wildfires here in PA--such a strange sky. Not nearly as bad as you had, so I can't imagine what it must be like for the poor residents of the northwest.

    Ten years is approaching!! That's great, Shelly--there are so few of us "old-timers" left :) January will mark 12 years for my blog--unbelievable.

    Enjoy this last week of September--happy stitching ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous spooky stItching! Did I tell you I stitched part of that Halloween Town design for an envelope exchange? I told someone LOL
    Got my 10 year Blogaversary next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to follow your blog. I'm "next door" in New Mexico and love to stitch, too! But I don't see a Follow button or a way to subscribe? Thank you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maynia update, parade

New blog!

Progress and a WIP parade!